Monday, March 3, 2008

In need of Friday

So it was a bit of a crazy weekend. Did the BCS project with Lisa on Saturday, and played with play dough with a way creative 6 year old girl. Good times. Then I had tea with Alison, Lisa, and Katrina. I was bad at drinking tea, because I could smell it, but when I drink it, it just tastes like warm water! Then I was waiting for the bus back to GLC, but it never appeared so I ended up walking back in the dark with snow flying everywhere and all over the ground.

Yesterday was.... all over the place. I get an email from mom saying that she was thinking about coming up and visitng for part of my and my sister's spring break. I've learned (especially this year) that I'm not good at hearing stuff like this, and so last minute so I pretty much went crazy in the afternoon and then had to pull myself together so I could waste 4 hours of my day to go to Eastman to play 5 minutes of junk in a concert (that ended up pretty good). It annoyed me how I had all this stuff planned, that I'm going to have to change things around, and have to entertain my mom (because I'm sure she wouldn't like doing kid things like playing Guitar hero all night). And it gave me the sense when I first got her email that she didn't trust me with Charlie or something, even though I thought we've demonstrated enough that we're good kids. Anyhow, then I got back and decided that I should call home to get everything figured out and at least know details. So mom is coming here on Wednesday, and she's taking Charlie and I to Ithaca on Thursday to see my sister (who hasn't really existed all semester). I'm really excited about seeing Cornell again because the last time was a little depressing with everyone being gone and everything being closed and other stuff. And then Charlie and I are coming coming back to Rochester Friday night and going to Niagara Falls with Max and Janelle and whoever else on Saturday. :) I'm glad things worked out in the end, I just need to learn not to freak when I get news like this and have to change my plans. I really hope things aren't going to be awkward.

1 comment:

Charles Peck said...

Hey, you didn't tell me that you got to play with Play-Doh over the weekend! It has been sooooo long since I've done that.

Friday is close! 4 days!