Tuesday, April 8, 2008

summer

So I'm officially going to the UTMB SURP program this summer for researching something really cool (they haven't told me yet). So from June 2 - August 8 I'll be on an island really close to the beach! That sounds cool, but the last time I've been to Galveston was prolly over 10 years ago, so I can't remember how cool or not cool it is (so someone tell me?).

The day after I said "yes" to them, I got accepted into the Univ. of Florida REU, which I had really wanted. I was thinking right before I said yes to UTMB, that I should just wait until the next day to see if something else comes up (their deadline for a reply back was April 1, and I sent them an email on the 31st of March). Oh well, because the mind is great, and wants to reduce dissonance and tension, it went through this process of decision justification and now I'm over it. Or something like that (maybe I should get better at applying psychology stuff to my life so I can write a good personal application essay for 161)

No comments: